Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 17 Waltz

Almost thirteen years ago, my friend, Jackie, gave me some CD’s when my husband Larry died. The three of us were childhood friends, our ties run strong and deep. My friend has a poet’s soul and he gave me music to help heal my broken heart. Time seemed to stand still for me that first year and the music rocked me in its arms, caressing and soothing my heart, nurturing me with tender memories and promises of joy to come.

Everyday chores help to keep me grounded … cleaning floors, washing dishes … putting my house in order. I did those things then and that is what I did today. I found one of my old CD’s, opened my house and worked. I accomplished much and feel really good with my house in order. Somewhere during this timeless day ... the music recalled the steps of that first year …I began to waltz ... a slow, rhythmic dance of shared undying love … joy filled my heart and reminded that there is so much more to life than I can see .

1 comment:

Beth said...

Beautiful.... these are some of my favorite types of days...... glad you've accomplished so much:)