Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 01, 2009

I watched the sunrise this first morning of 2009. The palate was awash with purples, pinks and oranges ... forty years ago I was waiting the birth of my first child. Time travel is real ... remembering that time puts me back in that moment amid the smells, sounds and exciting feeling of new life stirring inside me ... recalling all the love and expectations feels me with joy. His precious face is fresh in my mind, new little fingers wrapping around my one seemingly large ring finger, his large soulful eyes searching my face, his scent lingers in my senses. He was the center of my universe ... tiny, fascinating and beautiful ... a gift and a trust from God.I will hold that beautiful memory I was given this morning and face the New Year with gratitude and excited expectation for the life I am living.

No comments: